The Finance Department oversees all revenue collections and expenditures that comprise the City’s annual budget. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of budgeting, general accounting, annual audit, payroll processing, utility billing, and City-wide financial systems;
- Coordination of the City’s investment portfolio;
- Property tax levy preparation and tax distribution fund management;
- Management of purchasing functions including capital equipment;
- Recommending modifications to accounting programs, policies, and procedures;
- Preparation of financial reports and analyses as required;
- Ensuring compliance with city, state, and federal policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to municipal fiscal management;
- Grant writing and grant management;
- Oversight of ambulance billing services and issuance of refunds as required.
Shannon Hansen, Budget and Finance Officer
The City Treasurer is responsible for depositing of all revenues, reviewing monthly expenditures and other financial activities.